One of our top products is GUAR meal. Guar (Cyamopsistetragonoloba) is a drought-tolerant annual legume from bean family (Fabaceae) mainly grown in India and Pakistan. Guar is a multi-purpose plant, mostly used today as a source of GUAR gum, a thickener and stabilizer in food industry. Guar gum is extracted from the guar seed. Guar meal is the main by-product of guar gum production. It is a mixture of germs and hulls. Guar meal is further processed, multiple cleaning, purifying, toasting or/and roasting at high temperature for a short time to reduce anti-nutritional componentsin order to enhance its nutritive value and digestibility. It is rich mainly in proteins but also contains fats, carbohydrates and fibres. That is why it is used as a valuable feed material.
Guar meal is 100% natural agricultural, non-GMO, chemical- and preservatives-free feed material.
Guar meal can substantially reduce the costs of feed production when used as a substitute of soybean meal, soybean concentrate or fish meal.
Guar meal is listed in the Catalogue of feed materials EU (Official Journal. EU L29 / 1 of 1.30.2013) under 3.6.1.
Guar meal vs soybean meal
Mainnutritional and non-nutritional values comparison*:
|Crude protein %|
|Digestible protein %|
|Protein digestibility (in vitro) %|
|Crude fat %|
|Crude fibre %|
* All values based on analysis done by National Research Institute of Animal Production of Poland, National Labolatory for Feedingstuffs in Lublin (July 2015). Full report and results available on request.
- rich source of highly digestible protein (50-60% of crude protein) and up to 70% of PROFAT
- very good amino acids profile
- a cost-reducing replacement of soybean meal, soybean concentrate and fish meal
- a non-GMOfeed material
- free from Aflatoxins and Salmonella
- safe, tested and available in the GMP + chain feed material
- suitable for any animal species – poultry, swine, ruminants and aquaculture.
Available grades of guar meal
40-45% proteins + 3-4% fat
52-55% proteins + 7-8% fat
56-62% proteins + 7-9% fat
60-64% proteins + 7-10% fat
The values above are approximate. Detailed info avavilable on request.